Friday, August 31, 2012

Week in Review: A Different Type of Harvest



   Last week I posted about harvest out in the fields and this week I wanted to talk a bit about harvest in the gardens! This is definitely one of my favourite things that happen this time of year. I love all the fresh vegetables and fruits plucked right from the garden and put right on my plate!
   This year mom and I took advantage of all the new vegetables and made a bunch of freezer meals to eat this fall. I also got my hands on some new apples and decided to make "apple chips" in my dehydrator. Since I totally forgot to take photos of our freezer meals here are some of the apples:
 


         





Links I'm Loving: 
- Here are some of the meals Mom and I made this week. We made a couple additions and alterations but they are delicious! 
- The Fall Collection from David's Tea is here which means my favourite, Pumpkin Chai, is back! 
- This photo and this photo made me laugh! 
- I discovered this blog this week and love looking at all the beautiful home decor ideas. 

Highlights From the Week: 
- Eating all the fresh garden fruits and vegetables
- Had a great wedding consultation
- Perfect days for harvest

Looking Forward To: 
- The long weekend
- Photo shoots! 
- Finishing up Harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment