Friday, November 16, 2012

Week in Review: Photos in the Snow!


   Now that the snow is settling in and winter is on it's way I thought I would share with you some information and tips for having your photo shoot during the snowy months!
 
 - The morning or late afternoon is great for light. It is also important to remember that the days are getting shorter now so these times will change from day to day.
- Clothing may be a more difficult thing to decide on in the winter. What is most important is that you will be warm and comfortable. Bringing extra coats, scarves or mitts is a good idea too, especially for young kids. Adding pops of colour to your outfits can really make you stand out in the snow!
- When planning your location consider places that may have some shelter just incase the wind is cold. Sheltered areas tend to collect more snow too!
- It is a good idea to have an indoor location in mind if it is really cold and we can't do all the photos outside.

   Winter photos are often overlooked but can be so beautiful and fun to shoot! Hope you are all enjoying the snow.






Links I'm Loving: 
- This Christmas Sweater makes me laugh!
- This coming week is Agribition! Not sure if I will make it or not this year.
- I've started a new "Winter" board on Pinterest!
- I just finished reading this and now I'm reading this. 
- I love this photographer's kitchen tour! 

Highlights from the Week: 
- Had some great outdoor shoots on the weekend and met lots of new people!
- Had great visits with friends
- Went riding

Looking Forward To: 
- Starting to get into Christmas mode
- More photo shoots in the snow!

1 comment:

  1. Wish we would have read these 'winter' tips before our photo shoot, eh?

    ReplyDelete