Friday, July 13, 2012

Week in Review: Camera Dragging Backgrounds!




       It started as me wanting a new desktop background for my computer. Since I was tired of all the default backgrounds I decided to make my own using the camera dragging technique.  
      Camera Dragging is when you set your camera's shutter speed very slow and at the same time you press the shutter to take the photo you quickly drag your camera across your subject to create an abstract looking photograph. 
     It is quite fun to play around with. You can get different effects by changing the speed and direction of the way you drag your camera, different subject matter and the length of your shutter speed. 
     I took these photos of my mom's flowers at the lake. I think some of them look like paintings and I now use one as my desktop background!
    Try it out sometime and see what kinds of abstract photos you can come up with.














Links I'm Loving:
- The Town of Kyle's new Website looks awesome! 
- This looks like an easy, fun summer treat!
- Anyone else watching the Calgary Stampede this week? 
- I think everyone should take the time to do these every once in awhile!

Highlights from the Week:
- Being in and photographing a great wedding on the weekend! 
- Watching the Stampede with Grandpa while editing photos
- Going wake-surfing for the first time
- First waterski of the summer

Looking Forward To: 
- Taking photos at my cousins wedding
- Mailing photo discs
- More summer fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment