Monday, February 21, 2011

First Blog Post!

Well here it is! My first blog and my first blog post. Bear with me as I work out the kinks.

It seems that blogs have become an increasingly important part of many photography businesses that showcase their work online so, I thought I would jump aboard and take advantage of this opportunity, too. This is where you will find my most recent work (and sometimes something else.) I am so excited to share my work and my business with all of you and I am hoping you will get to learn a little bit about me and about my photography style as well! 
Here it goes:


Valentines Day 2011. What can I say.... I am definitely spoiled. At Christmas I got an awesome macro lens and this Valentine's day I really got to test it out. I am still getting the hang of it but am becoming addicted as you will probably see in more posts to come. 


"That I love you like all little children love pennies
And I love you ‘cause I know that I can’t do anything wrong
You’re where I belong
Like red on a rose"

 -Alan Jackson "Like Red on a Rose"



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachelle,

    What a wonderful way to showcase your talents. Your website is a perfect way for clients to view samples of your photography and get a feel for what can be expected in booking you for a photo shoot. I particularly like how you highlight your work through various portfolios - people, art, documentary, etc. You have a wide range of skills and abilities which are obvious through your photographs, the creation/design/layout of your website, the addition of your blog, etc.

    Social media is very powerful and I think your blog is an excellent way to unleash your creativity and let others see your talent as a photographer, sense your ability to capture special moments, and gain some insight into your sparkling personality.

    (Love the Valentine's pics with your new lens!!)

    I am still estatic about the pictures I ordered from you as Christmas gifts. The 'alphabet' Lake picture is amazing. I am very impressed by how you were able to take a number of pictures and pull them into one unique piece of art using your digital photography skills. I will treasure the picture forever and know family members will as well.

    I think one of the best compliments I can give you is the fact I gave one of your 'durum' pictures to my sister and brother-in-law who are also photographers. They both appreciated the detail of the work and are proud to display it in their home. WOW!

    All the best in your new venture! I will be sure to forward your website/blog link.

    I agree - "Life is Beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete